Where, oh where, do I begin?


This is what happens when you have 68 different passwords to 13 different websites….I finally figured out how to get back on here!
I’m so disappointed with myself that I haven’t kept up with this blog! I have so much to write but I’m not sure it would even be interesting to read at this point so I will try and keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Then, I will promise to keep updating it so it’s not so overwhelming!
Many things happened after my last post….
We went to Tahoe for our annual trip for the boys softball games and they came in 3rd which was awesome!
Then Trina had her little girl and I got to meet her at Thanksgiving.
And most exciting of all, Brittany graduated from law school and Beau graduated from UNLV! It was such an exciting last half of the year that now you can see why I’m so disappointed I didn’t keep up with this blog.
Getting in to a little more detail…
After we found out we were having a girl, I switched jobs and started working for a charter elementary school. I loved it! However, after about a month there, a private school (a well known one that I won’t put on blast) was hiring and I thought that would be a great match for me. I moved schools and realized what a huge mistake it was. They treated their teachers aids like slaves and it was by far one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. Keep in mind at this point I was 7 months pregnant and everything seemed to be getting harder on me. The toughest part was standing and watching the playground for an hour and a half at the end of the day. I had been having problems with my back but nothing compared to what I was experiencing after starting to work there. It was physically excruciating and exhausting!! So, to try to keep me busy and hopefully get me out of the school, I started selling Mary Kay. It was fun! I have always loved make up and it seemed to be a perfect thing to get me through the final months of being pregnant and that’s exactly what it did. I left the school (mostly because of the pain I was having in my lower back) and started working really hard on selling makeup and skin care. I did pretty well but it was difficult and as I said earlier, the bigger I got, the harder it got to not only get out and do things but to have any confidence in myself to do so.
While all of this was going on, my husband was still continuing working at Tao Beach and was trying to get a job working in the night club. We had both been praying that if it were the right thing for us that it would work out, when the beach season was coming to an end (November, to be more specific, if you can believe it), it seemed less and less likely that Beau was going to get the position and it was disappointing. However, God has a funny way of working things out. Instead of getting the job at this nightclub, Beau picked up a job working banquets for Tao group and it was picking up the slack when he was done at the pool and when his longtime job at valet just wasn’t giving him enough hours and he didn’t have to work through the night. Through the holiday season, Beau worked so hard so that I didn’t have to and it really proved to me that he was more than ready for the responsibility of a baby! And ladies, you’ll never know how attractive your husband can be until you see him working to keep his family happy. The nightclub at this point it not doing so well and his banquets are still paying the bills. When one door closes, new doors really do open!
The last month of pregnancy was stressful and exhausting…and on top of all of it, it was the Christmas season! But my husband did everything he could to keep me comfortable and that’s a time I will always remember and cherish.
So then, 2014 hit.
I had gone to the hospital one time before the new year because I was cramping and never having gone through labor before, and new feelings when I was 6 weeks away from my due date made me nervous. But…I had no idea that when the doctors told me “oh, you’ll know when you’re in labor” they were right.
After the first of the year, it was just a waiting game. I went to the hospital again with contractions on the 11th but it was false labor…so disappointing!
Since December, my stepdad had been telling me that she was going to be born on the 14th and I didn’t want to hear it. It was 10 days early and I didn’t want to set my mind on a date and have to wait longer but he wouldn’t let it go!
Monday night, the 13th, I was feeling fine. No pains…no aches…nothing! My mom, stepdad, Beau and I went to see Saving Mr. Banks at The Palms and of course talked about how the 14th was the next day and I told them it wasn’t going to happen because I felt FINE! After the movie, which was AMAZING, Beau and I headed home and I know both of us were kind of hoping my stepdad’s prediction was right even though we knew we’d never hear the end of it.
At about 1 am we decided to go to bed and I took 2 Benadryl (don’t worry, it’s safe when you’re pregnant) thinking ironically, “well, this is my last few nights to get some sleep before the baby comes” since we were set to be induced on the 17th. Usually, after a couple Benadryl I can go right to sleep. But that night was different. I was in a daze and getting up every 30 minutes on the dot! Finally, at 5 am I woke up thinking my water broke…I got up, walked around for a minute and it didn’t continue so I thought I must have been mistaken. Well, just as I was finishing up that thought, I was in the most excruciating pain of my life. I am not exaggerating! I didn’t even bother sitting around to time them…just like the doctor had said, I KNEW this was it. I woke Beau up and told him we had to go. We had to drive all the way to Spring Valley Hospital which is about a 25 minute drive from our house and when I think back on it, the whole drive was a blur. The last thing I wanted was to be in this much pain and be told I was still not in labor and that’s all I could think about the drive there. When we got to the hospital around 5:45 am, we had to finish registering and sure enough…my water completely broke. Right there in the waiting room! It was like a movie! And at that moment, although I was in so much pain, the excitement of knowing I was staying in the hospital and that I was having my little Georgia completely overshadowed any pain! By 9 am I had my epidural and I will say, that was a GODSEND! After 45 minutes of pushing, at 3:44 pm, our beautiful, perfect, angel of a daughter was born! Georgia Rae Scarlett was 20 inches long and 7 lbs 14 ounces. I can’t even describe what it was like to have my husband, my best friend who I had spent the last 3 years getting to know and love of my life, standing next to me telling me how incredible I was as we were in tears looking at the miracle we had made together. My mom and cousin were in the room too and it was the most phenomenal moment of my life. As exhausted as I was and as hard as it was, I would do it all again as long as I needed to for that feeling again. I was complete! I fell in love like I had never fell before. Not only with my baby Georgia but with my husband as well.
As my baby is coming up on a month old, these last 27 days have been the most exhausting, trying days of our lives but we have never EVER been happier! Being a mom is so amazing and being a parent with the person you’ve dreamed of your whole life is even better.
I could go on and on with the feelings I feel everyday as I see my little one grow but some things are just indescribable 🙂
Life is so wonderful and I promise to keep up with sharing this better than I even imagined journey with you in hopes you can feel even a glimpse of the happiness we’re experiencing!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s